Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Letting go is hard to do...

I have been preparing Loboto-Bear's belongings for his trip to Easton, Maryland. He really should have been on the road last week, but every time I go to put him in his little bed, he is nowhere to be found! The first time I thought he was just busy playing somewhere... but soon I discovered that his little disappearing act was intentional. I even tried to sneak up on him when I saw him in plain sight, but somehow he knew what I was up to and quickly scampered off. The last couple days I decided not to try to force the issue and just let things happen.

When I went to the kitchen this morning, where I can usually find him in the morning eagerly awaiting breakfast, I was surprised to see that he was not alone! Sitting next to him was a new Moochie!



Meet Jack!
Jack just arrived this morning, I guess, and so far I have no idea what he will be like. At first glance he seems kind of quiet. That's all I can gather at this moment. We'll have to give him a few days to adjust.



I could tell right away though that LB is acting differently now that Jack has joined us. It's almost as if he was waiting for him to arrive. Maybe he didn't want to leave without seeing that a new Moochie would follow. Maybe he didn't want to leave until he knew someone would be there to say goodbye to him. Maybe he thought we would be lonely once he was gone. I don't know the answer, but I am happy to report that LB is ready to go now!

Here he is looking over his belongings. He has a little pineapple pillow to remind him of his first day here and his trip to the supermarket. A soft blanket will keep him cozy in his box. His journal is there for everyone to record his happy moments in their home. LB gave everything a good inspection, and then he let out a happy "HONK! HONK!"



I will be taking him to the post office today, and hopefully he will be down in Easton by Friday! We'll miss you, LB!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home